Friday, July 25, 2008

Not going to win Mother of the year award

Poor Romeo, he is so neglected.

I apparently have a problem with getting atleast one of his legs stuck somehow.
Yesterday, I put him in the Johnny Jump up (or whatever you call them). I noticed that he wasn't jumping up as much as he usually does and that he was fussing about something. I of course didn't think much about it and just made sure that Wild Man didn't "swing" Romeo.

Then Wild Man (being more observant the me) noticed that Romeo only had one leg. So he started laughing and saying Romeo has one foot.

Me still not getting it went on the straighten up some toys.

Then when I came back, I finally saw Romeo with one leg.



Here is a better look.



Poor guy.

It reminds me of the time the day after Christmas. Mind you we have 4 Christmas' on Christmas Day. So we were exhausted. Romeo was about 6 or 7 weeks old. Romeo got up to feed around 5 am and me thinking that I am sooo experienced with 2 kids now thought I could feed him and change his diaper in the dark.

I noticed it was a little harder to get the diaper on and that when I laid him back down it took him awhile to go back to sleep. It was like he was struggling or just plain uncomfortable.

The next morning when he woke up... well...I failed in mothering duties for the day.




Here is a closer look.



Believe it or not the boy didn't pee or poop in his diaper. So I am thinking of somehow incorporating this into Wild man's potty training.

5 comments:

Matt said...

Thank you for the laugh sweetheart. I can hear Conner now telling you that Mason has one foot. Makes me laugh!

Katacomb said...

Just look at it with the glass half full....you got 1 out of 2 legs through! That's 50%!! Hilarious. He is going to be a professional pogo stick bouncer I think.

Jamey and Beth said...

This is hilarious! I love the diaper pictures--what a trooper for not even fussing!!

Beth

stacey said...

That diaper story and picture made me laugh out loud!! Thanks for sharing...we all do nutty things sometimes.

Lori said...

I've got your blog on my google reader list and read all your updates too!!

I used cutestblogontheblock to make my new layout. There is a link on my blog.