Sunday, May 30, 2010

No sew curtains

Hello all!

First thank you all so much for the encouraging and very helpful comments about my new diet! Really and truly, I thank you. I have already looked at all the blogs that were recommended and have made my menu plan for the week.

Mr. Genius, in an effort to cheer me up, took us to Whole Foods to see all the beautiful foods. Seriously that place makes the most unhealthy eating want to eat better.

That is until you go to the check out.

They need to change the name to Whole Paycheck. Geez!

But the good news is I found a new favorite food!


My heart skipped a beat when I saw them! They are really good! Yay! I think this new way of eating won't be that bad, just a change in the way I think about food.

Anywho, I am rambling. I have got to show you my new project.

Cuz what is a week in my life with out a new project?

It is a worthless one I tell you, totally worthless.

My laundry room is one reason that we bought this house.

On my list of wishes for a house was a laundry room...not a laundry closet...or like we had in our old house...a laundry breeze way...but I wanted a laundry room.

This house had it and I was sold. Now it of course wasn't decorated at all. Actually the whole house was a blank slate even though it is a 5 year old house.

So the laundry room is my room I am focusing on next. Not that I won't get side tracked on other projects or anything.

First thing I did to the room was paint it.

I painted it dried parsley. It is a Benjamin Moore color. But I had Home depot color match it with their paint with the primer in it.

Which works great by the way. Highly recommend that stuff.


Next to make it a little more homey. I wanted a curtain.

But you have to remember. I am lazy.

And apparently getting the sewing machine out, was too hard for me. So I decided to make this a no sew curtain.

Off to Ikea I went to pick out fabric.

Came home and found this wood in our garage...we really need to clean out our garage.



And these...



To make the start of the curtain...



Now most people when they see someone selling their old sheets at their garage sale, get grossed out by thinking of sleeping in someone else sheets. I on the other hand, get get excited about them. Because I see curtain liners.

I think that I am the cheapest person in the world.

But I think that these sheets...



are going to make a lot of curtain linings.

I stapled the sheet onto the rod.



Here it is all stapled up.


And here is my male Vanna White to show you it all done.




Now I need to take the time to apologize to anyone who actually makes curtains the way that they are suppose to be made.

Cuz, I totally do not do it the way it is "suppose to be" I do what I want so that it looks right when it is up on the wall.

I wanted a pleated curtain.

So I started with the inside of the pleat.

I used iron on sewing tape.



Then I stapled that onto the board ontop of the white sheet.



I forgot to take the rest of the pictures for how I did the rest of the curtain.

But I am sure you get the idea.

Then all I had left was making buttons and the tab.

For some reason last night I woke up and all I could think about was finishing this curtain.

I think I have a sickness.

I got up at 11:30 and got out my handy dandy glue gun and then it was finished!


I glued the buttons on the tabs and then I glued the tabs onto the curtain.


(the colors on the wall looks really yellow, but it isn't in real life. The last color is more true to the actually color)



And this what was in the laundry room, that I had and still have no desire to do.


Ugh laundry. How I loath you.

Then after Church Mr. Genius helped me to hang it up!

Although I had to wait until night time to take picture due to glare.



The room is started to look a little better.


I am linking to these parties.


Logical Media

62 comments:

Unknown said...

Adooooorable!! Ooh I love them. You picked the cutest fabric ever. The buttons are really, really cute too. Great job!

I'm glad you found some yummy brownies. :-) Hope you're having a wonderful holiday weekend with your family.

Lots of love!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Cute! Love the little button detail and the fabric is wonderful!!

Carol

Cassie Bustamante said...

wow i love that fabric! gorgeous! i am currently looking for fabric in a bold print for the kids playroom, and am just not finding what i want. love this one!

Britt said...

Love it!!

Decorchick! said...

That looks great!!! You did an awesome job. I don't sew either. :)

Lana Kim White Austin said...

SOooo great about your diet and the brownies look great!!

But that no sew window treatment is FABULOUS!!!

Great job!

Great little Vanna there, too!!!

Many blessings to you,
Lana in Huntsville, AL

Katie said...

Super cute! And I love that wall color!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Charming! I love the fabric and the little buttons! The brownies look great! Betty Crocker has a great gluten-free brownie mix, too~ my whole family likes it!

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

That sure makes laundry worth doing, the window dressing sure spiffs up the room. Great job.

Whole Foods is so costly, I just dont see how they keep the doors open unless all those folks in there are new and dont know about the shock they will get come checkout time. I never went back, if you have a farmerst market, I find I can save there on money and calories.

Charity said...

So cute! I love me some hot glue curtains. The fabric you used is adorable...maybe it will make doing the laundry more bearable :)

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

I love the fabric you used! And I don't see anything wrong with doing things the "lazy" way. You can't even tell it's stapled and hot glued! Well done!

Unknown said...

Fabulous! I looove the colors you chose. Thanks for linking up!

Julie said...

Great job! & I love that fabric as well.

HoosierHomemade said...

Very cute! Love the fabric! Your tutorial was great, thanks so much for sharing!
Visiting from Tip Junkie :-)
~Liz

Cassie said...

Oh My Heck!!!
This is fantastic!!!!
=)

Jennifer Juniper said...

I love the little felt and button corner detail! I have lots of no sew curtains in my house :)

Anne Maskell said...

they are so cute! love the fabric and the button trim. I've visiting from sugar bee, hope you visit me too!

BlueCastle said...

Love the corner pleats and buttons. Very nice.

Sawdust Girl said...

So cute. I love that fabric and the contrasting buttons.

Sawdust Girl said...

OK, contrasting tab of fabric under the buttons!

clippingandsipping said...

You had my attention at "no-sew"!! Very cute and actually looks doable! Thanks for sharing!

mle said...

This is a super cute project!! I LOVE no-sew : )

Lindsay Haynie said...

This is a great idea! We just bought a house and I was in need of some curtain ideas, Thanks!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that window treatment. Woo Hoo!! You made it look so easy now even I want to try to make one. Thanks for linking this great valance to Woo Hoo! Wednesday.

Melissa said...

Wow! That looks great! Bravo, good woman!

LuckyStarErin said...

Very cheerful. I need to make one of these for my laundry room! It might make me a little happier when I go in there:)

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

The little tabs are the extra step that makes this project so special. Wish we had a Whole Foods--hubby would be thrilled, he has CD. Right now I make a huge pan of GF brownies a week. Thanks for linking up to the Under $100 party.

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

Wow! I didn't know a no sew curtain could be that cute!!! :) I'm going to tweet it for you!

~Kim

Jingle said...

That looks great!

Lisa said...

Really cute! So creative! I also love the paint color and I'm painting my craft room just about the same color : )

Lindsey said...

love this idea! they look great!thanks for sharing!

i am your newest follower!

i'd love to hear back from you:
http://lovelypapershop.blogspot.com

Teena said...

That's a good idea to reuse old bed sheets as curtain liners, well done! Happy Transformation Thursday <3

Dandelion and Daisy said...

So cute, so creative and don't you love Ikea fabric!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love your no sew curtain. Great fabric and colors.

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

I am highly deprived! I have no Ikea, but love everything they have online, but they don't ship everthing! *sigh*
I love your fabric choice and no-sew is right up my alley! Great job!

Helena said...

Oh hey, this looks great! I love your fabric choices. And the yellow tabs are such a great detail.

Thank you for participating in the Craft Therapy Session with Life in the Pitts

PS. I love those cookies :)

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Too cute!!!!
The curtain, and the little male Vanna.
I too, use sheets for curtain liners!!!
I thought I was the only one who was cheap enuf to do that!
Thanks for the tutorial!
Don't be too hard on the laundry.
It means you are blessed with a family that is well enough to play and work and get the clothes dirty-
I am preachin' to myself, sista!
Hugs and blessings to you today as you make your home!

So Sunny Day said...

I love the corner detail. the fabric is such a yummy color!!!!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Atticmag said...

The tabs on the corners are my favorite. Adds the perfect finishing touch. And what a handsome Vanna White you have there!

Stop by and say hello. We're having a giveaway. Jane T.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Very nice! Love the little button details on the corners. Great job!

heather

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great job! The fabric is absolutely adorable, and especially love that these are no-sew! :D

Have a great weekend!
Sherry

The Charm of Home said...

That looks wonderful! Love the color and fabric choices.
Come by my blog and win $50 gift certificate for CSN stores.
Sherry

brandi @ tales of a domestic goddess said...

i ♥♥♥ the fabric and how awesome are these! great job!

brandi @ tales of a domestic goddess said...

i ♥♥♥ the fabric and how awesome are these! great job!

KimMalk said...

You found some nice fabric. Nice job.

Theresa Plas said...

You're my kinda girl! The fabric and buttons are awesome! Great post:)

heidi @ wonder woman wannabe said...

cutie-pah-tootie!

sydney @ sewineededapaycheck said...

loving those glued on tabs! such a cute look!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Cute curtains-- good tutorial. I like the touch of green!

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

What a great tutorial! I love those tabs on the sides and the fabric combination. Too cute!

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Love the fabric - turned out really great!

kim west said...

love these so~ I have made many glue gun projects because I was too lazy to get out the sewing machine! great job!

Julie @ Frugal and Fabulous Design said...

What an easy project - and I love the fabric!

Thank you for linking up this week!

Debbiedoos said...

Pretty pretty fabric and color combination, you did a great job!~ Thanks for linking up to my party. Enjoy the weekend.

Issa said...

nice! I love the blue-yellow color combo!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

This turned out gorgeous! Love the fabric! Great tutorial too!

I totally agree with Whole Foods LOL. The check out gets me everytime! Hang in there!

Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Ela@NewFamilyOnTheBlock.com said...

HI! I would like to invite you to join my new Pajama Party which starts Wednesday! (The link goes up tonight)

http://lifeinmypjs.blogspot.com/p/pajama-party.html

Thanks!

~Ela

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Genius! I love the idea and I love YOUR curtains! Those colors just pop! Congrads on getting the most views at last week's Whatever Goes Wednesday Party at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. This post will be highlighted at the show tomorrow! Grab my "featured" button.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Hi Katie! I’ll be featuring your curtains today! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks again for joining the Sunday Showcase Party! ~ Stephanie Lynn

curlyQdesign said...

I painted my kitchen in dried parsley! I LOVE that color. I wish I had thought of heading to Home Depot to get it made with primer, too. It is a small kitchen, but priming was SO neccesary!
Very cute curtains!

Anonymous said...

You did a really great job on the curtain! It is really beautiful.
dining room table

Benjamin Jones said...

H0t Profile Picture
LadyinSwimwear
MatureFemale
LadyinSwimwear
CollegeGoingGirl
IndianAunty
Indianface
ImageGallery
VideoGallery
VideoGallery