Saturday, February 13, 2010

A servant's heart

Right now our church as a whole is doing a study on how to be a servant.

God has called us all to be a servant to all people in His name.

My husband truly has a heart of a servant.

He loves the help people. Especially with computer stuff.

I am sure that it is no surprise that I use projects as a distraction.

Over 5 years ago, we had a miscarriage.

I was at work and I started bleeding.

I went home early.

Rather then sitting still...like most normal people would do.

I just couldn't sit still.

Since it was just a couple of days before Thanksgiving, I decided to decorate for Christmas.

I seriously didn't sit down til I went to bed 5 hours after I got home.

Yes, now I realize this wasn't the healthiest thing to do. But we also surprising found out we were expecting just 2 days prior.

We miscarried the next day.

I was only 8 weeks along. But it was still hard to go through.

Now I am still sad about missing dad.


It will be 11 weeks tomorrow since I have hugged him. 

So as a distraction I have been doing projects.

Well let me correct that.

Mr. Genius has been doing the projects, I have just been painting them.

Mr. Genius knows about my obsession with projects when I am sad. So therefore he has been doing them without much complaining.

He has done a great job too.

I am very blessed to have him.

Thank you Mr. Genius for helping me by doing all the projects! You have done an amazing job!

Thank you Lord for putting Mr. Genius in my life... and tell dad that I love him and miss him so much my heart hurts.

Well our gift cards from Home Depot are gone and so is Mr. Genius' energy.

Understandably so.

So now I have to find something else to distract me.

Does anyone know how to reupholster furniture?

No comments: