Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Shaken not stirred

Last night...well really early this morning around 4 am. We experienced our first earthquake.


Seriously!


I was sound asleep.


I remember that I was dreaming, but I do not remember what I was dreaming about.


I bed started shaking hard and a really loud and low rumbling sound woke me up.


Maybe instead of saying "woke me up" I should say jolting me on top of my husband, screaming "What is that?! What is that?!"


Mr. Genius, being the ever protecting husband that he is, jumped out of bed and stood ready to pounce in any direction.


Me on the other hand failed miserable when it comes to how to react in a crisis.


I stayed frozen in the bed... hugging it.


I guess I felt like I was trying to hold the bed still, like that was the only thing I could control.


I think it has been establish that I am a control freak,

and that I am not the one to rely on in a crisis.


The epicenter of the earthquake was about 20 miles from our house. The quake was first reported as a 4.3 but now they are saying that is was a 3.8.

Not a big one, but the most unnerving 15 to 20 seconds I have ever experienced.


But compared to what Haiti felt, Mr. Genius read it was 1,600 times more powerful then what we felt!

No comments: