Thursday, November 18, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Boy we are busy over here.

I have been painting and sold a bed side table.

That went from this...

To this...




Then I painted and sold an Ethan Allen bed.


I did a quick change to Christmafy my little green cupboard.


Just a little red and white paper in the back gives just a touch of Christmas with out being to much.







And because I decorate everything including my kids for Christmas, I made Christmas tie shirts for the boys.


When it gets dark around here at 4:30 it is hard to take pictures when it is light outside. So sorry for the dark picture. And I apologize in advance for more dark pictures until the spring.

Then I have also been working on something else that I will show you later.

We have also had some friends come by to visit us that have a fun 3 year old and sweet 6 weeks old twins.

My boys were so excited to be with and hold those little girls. It was really sweet to see them actually be gentle and loving to someone without me having to remind them or threaten them to do so.

But do not worry, we are quite content with our family of 4 at the moment...so there will not be any of those announcement over here.

Also among everything else, Mr. Genius and I are secretly trying to get all of us ready to go here!





Disney World!!!!

I just cannot wait to see Disney through my boys eyes. We are meeting my mom and both brothers and their family.

Over the past 5 months, since the trip was booked, I have been getting the boys to watch all the disney movies that I can find. So when they see the characters they would recognize them. In return Wild Man has been asking about every other day when he gets to go to Disney.

We are going to tell them on Saturday before the flight down there and we will definitely be recording the response. I am kind of excited about how they are going to react. I love surprising them.

I have rented a stroller through Orlando Stroller Rentals where the stroller has storage, made to hold older kids, and they deliver to your hotel room! But we will see in the end how it goes.

Anyone of you expert Disney World travelers with kids (ages 2, 3, 3.5, and 4) have any pointers while we are there?

5 comments:

. said...

How exciting!!!

My daughter has been twice and I can just remember the first time she saw the princesses...I seriously cried because she was so excited and it truly felt 'magical' through her eyes!!

You are going to have so much fun! :)

Use the speedy passes as much as you can. Then you won't have to wait as long for the more popular rides. Maybe have something fun on hand or do an eye spy game or something to keep them busy or entertained for the longer lines.

Susan Wyatt said...

I LOVE the bed. What color did you use to paint it? Oh, and God bless your friends with the 3 year old and 6 week old twins... God bless them :)

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

OH MY GOODNESS.....WE"RE GOING TOO!!!!!!!!!! Itd be so fun to meet up with another blogger mommy!:) We leave Saturday to fly down but wont be in Orlando until Sunday afternoon(staying with family the first night). Have an awesome time and wish us luck too! We've got the Frommers Guide and Im drowning in tips and such:)
Sarah

Unknown said...

I love the bed! So pretty. I haven't been to Disney (yet, planning on Feb '12), I have been reading a lot of Couponing to Disney's blog. She goes at least once a year. She has tons of advice. Have fun!

Cresta said...

We just got back, and my best advice? The Disney Dining Plan is a godsend. The food is wonderful and plentiful enough to satisfy even my big eaters. All the kids menus, even at the fancier restaurants, were great for kids AND healthy enough to please Mom too. And they really treat the kids like grown-ups, which my boys loved.