Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Riddle me this...

I started the new year out right...by loosing my wallet.

Technically the last time I remember seeing it was the day after Christmas, but couldn't work at getting my stuff back until we got back home.

It wasn't stolen...lucky me...It's just either been misplaced, thrown in the dumpster, or it hidden somewhere in mom's house. Either way I have looked everywhere and there is no wallet.

Unfortunately, the day that dad passed I had planned to get my Illinois license. So I had my social security card in my wallet at the time.

I know, I know, I know.

I have gotten enough grief from everyone else.

So today I went to see if I could get a new Social security card.

My driver's license was in my wallet, so I can't take that for a valid ID.

I have a passport but it is very expired, since I haven't been out of the country since my senior year of high school.

So what would you think would be a valid form of ID?

Birth certificate?

One would think, but apparently the social security office doesn't see the Birth certificate as a valid form of ID anymore!!!

What the heck!

So I ask what I could bring as a valid form of ID.


The asked me if I have been to the Dr. lately.

Uh, yeah. But what does that have to do with it?

Apparently if I get a handwritten note from my Dr. that states my name and birthdate on it that is more valid then a birth certificate!!!!

Is anyone else flabbergasted by this?

I mean really, how is that secure?

Cuz I am sure that noone has just gotten a piece of paper wrote down whatever name they want with a birthdate they would like and then sign a local Dr.'s name to it.

Nooooo, this is perfect a fail safe system they got there.

Come to think of it maybe I should change the year of my birth. I wouldn't mind being 29 again.

No comments: