Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tagged!

I was tagged by my Sister in law Kat. It has taken me awhile to get to it due to everyone in this house has been sick at one time or another for over 2 weeks. Yesterday some friends stopped by and as I was showing them our new bedroom I had to kicked them out due to the sudden need to bow to the porcelain god...not one of my prouder moments. Then today Romeo threw up in the cereal aisle at Publix. Fun times!

So back to the tag.

Here are the rules:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.
5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the CLOSEST!
6. Tag five other people to do the same!

So considering all the books closest to me don't have more then 15 pages due to loosing a 3 year old's interest I did have to dig a little for a book. I went to the playroom and the first book I saw was "The power of a praying woman" by Stormie Omartian. It is what I am reading right now for my quiet time. Which unfortunately is not a daily quiet time. It is a when I get up before the boys at 5:30 am quiet time or a when I don't pass out on the couch due to being completely exhausted during nap time quiet time.

For what it is worth, it is a great book. Unfortunately this excerpt she is only quoting the Bible so you don't really get a feel for what the book is about. This chapter is about His Finances.

"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse" and see if He "will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it" (Malachi 3:10). We had also been faithful to give to the poor and those in need. "Blessed is he who considers the poor; the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. The Lord will preserve him and keep him alive, and he will be blessed on the earth" (Psalm 41:1,2).

I don't have the brain power to think of 4 more people to tag, so if you haven't been tagged consider yourself tagged!

Hope you all have a puke/diarrhea free week!

No comments: