Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It has begun...

Our house is officially on the market as of today.

Here is the website.

http://tinyurl.com/cputps.

This process is a little overwhelming.

Not to mention this weekend with the tornadoes didn't help at all.

I plan on taking some pictures of the damage and post them. The tornadoes started in the Blackman area. Which is about 3 to 4 miles from my house. We were very lucky.

By the way old roomies it started right around the Miranda house (AKA cat pee house). I want to go back there to see if it is still standing but they have closed the road.

So this weekend we have been working our booties off to get the house picture perfect.

Let me tell you it is nearly impossible with my two boys. I may lose my mind in this process.

Due to our realtor's house getting hit with the tornado, she wasn't able to make it out to our house til last night.

After looking around the house and us showing her all the extra projects we have done to the house (cabinets in laundry, garage, and playroom, hardwood floors,etc...). She told us the price that she thinks with help up to sell fast but be a fair price.

Now I have not been living in a hole. I know that our economy is in the crapper, but seriously I am shocked at the price we are having to sell our house.

9 months to a year ago we could have sold it for nearly 20k more.

20k more!!!

And 2 years ago 50k more!

We were really counting on the extra money to get a halfway decent house in Chicago.

Don't get me wrong, I know that God is in total control and he has the right house up there waiting on us, and the right buyer is out there that is about to get a really good deal on this house.

It is very discouraging. I honestly feel as though we are giving our house away. Especially with all the hard work we have put into it.

So for those of you out there who are thinking of doing projects to add value to your house... DON'T DO IT!!! Do it for you to enjoy, or just to have that extra feature that other houses will not have to get it sold. But right now you will not get the money back you put into it.

Sorry I had to rant about that. If you can't tell, Mr. Genius and I are still in shock over this and I know our neighbors are not going to be happy with us. But we gotta do what we gotta do so we won't be stuck with two mortgage payments.

The lady that came out today to take the pictures mentioned she has some clients to call to mention about our house. So she thinks we will start showing tomorrow! I hope she is right.

I will keep you guys posted as the process gets moving.

Thanks for letting me rant! ;)

2 comments:

Amber, That's Me! said...

Your house is beautiful! It made me sick looking at the pictures. We are looking at buying our first house and prices are SO high in our community. What we get for our starter home price range is total crap!

Best of luck in selling your house. As beautiful as it is, I'm sure it will go fast.

Melissa said...

How is the house thing going? Have you had any more showings??