Thursday, September 23, 2010

How to paint a mirror frame...Impatient style

I can BREATHE!!

Breathing is such a wonderful thing, I didn't realize how much I love it until I couldn't do it.

Thank you all for your sweet comments!

Remember to wear your masks people!

Your sinuses will thank you.


Now I want to show you how this impatient girl paints a mirror frame.

Remember the mirror that came with the bedroom suite I just painted?


When it came time to paint it, I reached for the painters tape and I was just NOT IN THE MOOD to put on painters tape.

I wonder what color that would be on a mood ring?


You know what I mean, you wanna do the project but not the work to actually do it.

I am not only impatient, but I am lazy.

It is a bad combination.

I was just frustrated because when I have painted frames before that I could never get the painters tape just right under the mirror. There would always be a couple of spots where either the tape went up on the frame or was a little too far away from the mirror. Which resulted in paint in the mirror at some point or not on the frame.

Either way, I was frustrated.

So I decided to just paint the mirror!






I made sure that all the frame was painted, even the part that is right next to the mirror.

Then after I glazed it and let it all dry, I got my handy dandy razor blade out.



Then in a lot less time that it would have took to put down painters tape, I scraped that paint away.



And it worked beautifully!


So next time you are going to paint a mirror frame, put away that painters tape and pick up that razor blade!

10 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie Bustamante said...

that's how i always paint mirrors. the right way is too much of a pain!!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...lazy and impatient. That's a problem??? Only way things really get done around my place.

Love the mirror...I will keep looking, as I know one day I will fine one.

blessings,
jilly

Restyled Vintage said...

Call it lazy and impatient if you like, that is the way I always paint mirrors...it gives the best finish...I call it the smart way, lol.

xx Karen

Chrissie said...

I think it is smart and reasonable!

A Southern Rose said...

This is how I always paint my mirrors and glass cabinet doors too. So much easier that putting on that yucky tape! lol I've never had any luck with that stuff. I have that same mirror in storage and it needs painting bad. :)

- Kim said...

I like your thinking! :)

Dani said...

I Love the mirror! Looks great! I was wondering what kind of glaze you put over top of your white paint? Lately I have been experinmenting with "glazing" and had some bad luck with my color choices. Advice?
Dani

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

You have read my mind. I love you!

love your guts
mandi

Sawdust Girl said...

You are so not lazy, but I know what you mean. You just want to get to the project and skip the prep work. No one that gets as much done as you do is even on the lazy scale. Nice job on the mirror. Glad you're feeling better.