Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just catching up

So I realized I haven't caught you guys up on some things.

First- my wallet was miraculously found!

A month of getting a new Social security card, getting all of my bank cards replaced, and about to get my new license, my mom sent me a text early one morning.

All it said was. "I have news."

Now if someone says that to you. What would your first thought be?

Someones pregnant, right?

I sure did. I named both sis in laws...negative. My newly married cousin...negative. Other friends...negative.

Then I was at a loss.

I gave up.

So mom sent me a picture of this.

Sorry I don't know how to turn the picture. 

My tech support is watching 24. Which means I only interupt if someone is dying or an appendage has fallen off. 

So I will have a sideways picture.

Anyhoo, back to the wallet. You will not believe where it was...

Just sitting out in the open on the carseat in mom's car!

Do you know how many times we looked in that car?

We are sad, sad brainless people.

But seeing my wallet was like seeing a long lost friend.

Like I said, I am a sad, sad person to consider my wallet as a friend.


This past week I had my birthday.

The first birthday without dad.

Birthdays have never been a big deal in our family. Not that we ignored them we just didn't make a huge deal about it.

I knew it would be a hard day because I knew I would not be getting dad's phone call, but it was an even harder day then I thought.

But that isn't what I wanted to talk about. I wanted to talk about how wonderful my hubby is.

Mr. Genius has a certain history of giving certain gifts.

I usually get some bath and body lotion and candles. Then on one special occasion I got a bra.

So forgive me when I wasn't expecting much from him on my birthday.

But boy did he surprise me.

I got a fer realz Kate Spade purse!

All my other purses were made illegally in some back alley somewhere. Because the real prices I believe are just ridiculous.

But not only am I proud of Mr. Genius for giving me an awesome birthday gift but he actually bought it at the Kate Spade outlet...and it was on sale!

Being the cheapskate that I am...I couldn't be prouder of him.

Then I of course got my birthday money! Squeal!

Which means I have so many more projects in the works.

Right now we are working on the foyer and the laundry room.

Can't wait to show you guys the finished pieces.

No comments: