Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dad's blog

Anyone that has meet my dad knows that he was a one of a kind guy.

He was so humble, truly loved the Lord, loved everyone around him... and was crazy.

My dad had a smile on his face ALL. THE. TIME. even on his death bed.

We know he was smiling because he was finally seeing our Lord and Savior face to face.

I can not wait for the day to see my dad in heaven and get a big hug from him and hearing him call me sweet pea.

I am honored to be called Ted's daughter, and I cherish every moment I had with him.

One thing that is helping my brothers, mom and I is hearing the stories of dad. Whether they are about the spiritual influence he had on them or the funny and random thing he did to make them laugh. Hearing these stories help us know how loved he is while here on earth.

One of the hardest things right now is that our children will not know dad, but we want his legacy to live on.

In hopes to keep the legacy alive we started a blog for people to share their stories of dad aka "The Ted". We plan to put all of these stories together in a book and give to our children.

So I ask you. If you knew my dad and you feel compelled to do so, please tell us a story. Any story we would love to hear it.

The blog is www.thetedcelebration.blogspot.com.

You can either leave a comment on the first post or you can email me or email the address on dad's blog and we will post it on the blog.

Thank you again for all of your prayers, we feel them lifting us up.

Also people have been asking about donations. My dad had a heart for missions. He wanted everyone to know to not only did he love them but more importantly God loved them. So we are asking instead of flowers we a fund set up in Dad's name for the Missions Department at New Vision Baptist Church.

Clinging to his grace

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad. He was so young. I lost my mom two years ago. She was only 51. It's very hard knowing that my daughter will not remember her growing up (she was two when her granny died) and my son will never know her. He is 10 months old. You're dad sounded like a great man. It's so hard to lose a parent, especially so suddenly.