Monday, May 31, 2010

Chandy heaven

Oh Craigslist.

How I love thee.

I have been looking for months for a chandelier with crystals hanging from it.

The problem was when I found one they were asking for over $100 for it.

Not going to pay that much.

Then today I found this one!



For $40!


I think there is an inch of dust on it.

Last week I stopped by our nearby Habitat for Humanity Restore and got this chandy.



It is going in the Laundry room. I just can't decide if I want to paint it blue to match the no sew curtain or just do white.

Decisions, decisions.

The not so fun part was while driving back from picking up the crystal chandy tonight, wild man got sick in the car.

Poor guy, he hasn't been acting sick at all. It scared him too.

Although I should have known something was wrong when he didn't eat any supper.

He is usually my human vacuum. 


So while Mr. Genius was cleaning out the car, I tried to finally tackle the laundry (it could not wait another day, we were about to have to wear our bathing suits as underwear) while keeping an eye on Wild Man.

Romeo decided to help me with getting the bibs all together for me.



You can't really tell but he is wearing 8 bibs at the moment.


Well gotta go and take care of my little Wild Man.


13 comments:

Amber said...

Wow! What a find! That chandelier is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Ooh awesome score on the chandy! And I hope poor little Wild Man feels better VERY soon. I will keep him in prayer tonight. Poor baby : ( It stinks when kiddos are under the weather. Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend. Can't wait to see what you do with your chandelier!

Wendy said...

Your chandy's look great! Can't wait to see them in their new home :)
Hoping your little guys is feeling better soon.
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Wow...Romeo looks so much older I almost did not recognize him!

Sorry to hear the Wild Man is sick, hope he feels better soon. Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!

I'm lovin all the projects you have been doing. I need to start some home projects of my own soon. I haven't done much of anything to our house in awhile, so I've been inspired by what you are doing!

raggygirlvintage said...

Oh my, that is an amazing find!! Definitely worth more than $40. Enjoy!
Tracey

Diane said...

That fixture is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Hope your little man is feeling better.

Thanks for stopping by over at Pittypat Paperie. Come again anytime.

Katie Olthoff said...

lol. love all 8 of the bibs!

Liz said...

if you are going to put a chandy in a laundry room, make it blue. how funky and fun is that!!

Sawdust Girl said...

UM, where is the Habitat Resale Store??? Love the crystal one you got on Craig's. You are the finding queen. I'm still jealous of your radial arm saw. I was just thinking about that today.

Erica said...

I'm so excited about your chandeliers!!! I can't wait to see what you do with them!

Erica at ericaharless.blogspot.com

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

8 bibs, that's hysterical! What a cutie!

Wow you did great on the chandy!!
I'm your newest follower.


heather

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

I absolutely {{heart}} Craig's List! I am truly an addict! I think there needs to be a 12-step program for people like us. :0)

The chandy is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see it when you are finished with it.

Hope Wild Man is better!

Teresa <><

sanjeet said...

Can't wait to see them in their new home :)
Adsense Alternative