Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Home again, Home again, Jiggity Jig

I finally made it home at 10pm last night!

I had 3 boys that were very excited to see me. Romeo and Wild Man took turns kissing my hand as we pulled away from the airport.

In the flight out of Nashville I got to see over head the massive flooding in the area. It really is amazing how widespread the devastation is.

Luckily in my mom's area it wasn't bad.

We did have a close call. You know that video that I showed you on my last post about I-24

We we on our way to my cousins wedding and drove right on that part of I-24 less then 30 minutes before it got completely flooded and people only had seconds to get out of their car. I did hear the one person did die because they couldn't get out of their car in time.

So far the death total is 22.

I have one friend that says she feels like on of the lucky ones because she only got 2 feet of water in her house. Can you imagine saying you are one of the lucky ones just because of 2 feet feet of dirty water ruining your house?

Anyways, I am amazed that this hasn't gotten much if any coverage on the national news.

Here is a small tidbit that we got.




Like the video says, Opryland Hotel is under 10 feet of water! They are stating that it will be closed until December.

Click here to see pictures of what the inside of Opryland Hotel looks like right now.

I promise I am getting the tutorial together. I was working on it yesterday and will again today. Hopefully I can get it done by tomorrow.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Wow, what an awful situation. Hope everything will dry out soon.

Cranberry Morning said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound. I can't imagine how horrid it must be to deal with such devastating flooding!

What a sweet mental image of your boys kissing your hand as you drove away from the airport.

liz said...

I have family in Chicago, and they've been emailing like crazy because they are getting it on the news there. So some people are hearing about it.