Sunday, February 13, 2011

A little story about us

Happy Valentine's Everyone!

I hope everyone is having a great day telling the people that you love how much they mean to you.

Wild Man informed me that for Valentine's Day he is to get Valentine Cards and no candy!

Score! Totally working with that one!

Tomorrow I will show you what I made Mr. Genius for Valentine's. I can't yet due to the fact I haven't given it to him yet.

Fingers crossed that he likes it.

In the light of this loving holiday I thought I would share a little story about how I got Mr. Genius to fall madly in love with me.

Well maybe not madly in love with me but definitely amazed by me. :)

Unfortunately it was all a lie.

(Insert evil laugh here)

Back a LOOOONG time ago when we were in college and Mr. Genius and I first started dating I was in the great habit of going to the gym every morning to work out.

Oh the days when I got a full night of sleep, how I miss those days.

One morning I was on the treadmill... or the elliptical...whichever it doesn't matter. But what does matter is that it was back in the day when "Who wants to be a millionaire" was a HUGE show. That morning the guys at the gym had ALL the tvs on Sports Center.

Image from here

This day in particular, the hosts were playing a game called " Who wants to be a Sports center host or millionaire"

I can't remember.

It really doesn't matter.

What does matter is that I watched the freakin' show twice. So I learned a bunch of worthless information about sports.

Have I mentioned that I am not a sports person.

I know that there are sports, like football, baseball, soccer, and tennis. But who plays them, how you play them mean nothing to me.

(All the more reason that me having boys is kind of humorous)

But since I had nothing better to do while running or pretend I was running up a million stairs I listened and apparently absorbed this info.

Now fastforward to later that night when Mr. Genius came over and he turned on the tv to Sport Center....and lo and behold guess what was on...yep the EXACT same show I had already watch twice this morning.

I thought I would have a little fun since Mr. Genius was still getting to know me and didn't realize I wasn't a sports fanatic yet. Well I think he did know, but I thought I would have a little fun with the not knowing me very well yet.

So we watch the Sports Center millionaire game and I answered EVERYONE of those questions right!

Way to go memory...wish that memory worked in my history class.

After the show was over I planned on telling Mr. Genius the truth that I didn't really know that answers to those quesions.

But then my roommate came home and her boyfriend came over... and I forgot all about it.

Oopsy.

Fast forward six months later.

Yep, 6 months. That is how my memory works, which makes it that much more astonoshing that I remembered the answers to those questions.

Mr. Genius and I were hanging out with some friends and the guys were giving me a hard time about not being much of an athlete and Mr. Genius quickly stood up for me recalling the Sports Center show that we watched.

As much as I love to prove people wrong I told him the truth.

He laughed and forgave me.

Luckily, I already had him hooked.

Everything still ended with a happily ever after even it did start with a few lies. ;)

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

2 comments:

Kat said...

I never heard that story! Hilarious! I know NOTHING about sports either...not enough room in my little brain. Happy Valentine's Day!

Aspiring Mom2three said...

I love your story! So glad he had a sense of humor. I don't watch sports either, but I used to when we first got married. The most I can do is remember a name every once in a while. Happy Valentines Day!