Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I worked on a project to day!!

Can you believe it, cuz I have been totally slacking in that area.

But I warn you...it isn't very pretty.

Although Mr. Genius and I think it is glorious.

It took us over 3 hours to do it and now with it done, I do believe we can crown ourselves true Chicagoans.

Wanna see it?

Here you go.







That is our driveway all snowblown and shoveled.

Yes, we have survived the Blizzard of 2011!

I can guarantee no one was at the gym today, due to all the shoveling of snow. THAT, my friends is a GREAT workout. 

You wanna see what I think the best part of this is?

Take a look at my front door.



Or rather the walkway to my front door, and our feeble attempt to making a tunnel until we ran into ice.

But this no passage to our front door mean NO Door to door salesmen!!

Whoo Hoo! You know I try to be nice to those people cuz I know they are just trying to make a living, but seriously if I am really not thinking about fertilizing my yard when I haven't seen my grass since 2010.


Although I seriously just realized that now I can't get my milk delivered. Crud, I guess I will be going back out there after I put icy hot on my arms.

Here are a few more pictures of our little blizzard.


This is our neighbors house that is directly behind us. Notice the grill by their back doot.

This is part of our back patio.


My boys made those snow blocks and they were on top of their picnic table. No picnic table in sight today.

One fun things about the wind in Chicago is that it makes these great big snow drifts! Which are so much fun for the boys!

You can make some fun tunnels and it makes a slide if you can make it to the top.

Today has been a great day to not have to rush to preschool and to Romeo's tumbling class and to sit around and make some snow cream. Yum!

Now I better get back out there and make a path for the milk man.

5 comments:

grammy and papi said...

Looks like LOTS of hard work...well done.

Have a God Filled Day
Shirley

stefanie said...

whew!!! I bet you are tired!!
the hills sure look like fun!!!

Michelle said...

Well done. I love the pics.

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

whoa. i thought we had a lot of snow!
you can get milk delivered?
jealous.

Christa @ Stories of a House said...

What in the world is snow cream? I can't imagine having that task!