Monday, May 5, 2008

The day of milestones

So now Mr. Genius and I are sick. Yuck! I think that this is the first time I have been sick since Wild man has been born. So almost 2 and a half years. All good things must come to an end. Mr. Genius stayed home from work today and we took shifts with the boys.

When I woke up from my nap I came out got Romeo and put him on the floor and he sat up by himself! I knew that he would do things much earlier then Wild Man. Wild Man didn't sit up til 7 month. It was probably close to 8 months actually. He just didn't have the desire to do anything on his own. Then there is Romeo, I don't know if he is trying to keep up with Wild man or trying to get away from him. But either way Romeo is moving along faster. He is also really trying to crawl. I predict that he will be by the end of the month.

So after I realized that Romeo could sit up on his own. Wild Man was sitting on the kitchen table coloring and completely out of the blue he sang the ABCs 5 times in a row! The whole song. Now what is so crazy about this is that he has never even said A B or C to me. He can recognize a few letters, and I have sang the song to him a few times over the last week (just because I thought that it was about time for him to learn). I know that he is probably a little late in this aspect, but better late then never.

You know... he did the same thing with counting to 10 in spanish just a couple of weeks ago. Matt was changing his diaper and out of the blue he started counting in spanish. Now I have never even spoken one word in spanish to him, so thank you Dora and Diego. How says you can't learn anything from TV.

I tried to get a video of Wild Man singing, but my reflexes are a little slow today. We will try again tomorrow.

No comments: