Tuesday, June 15, 2010

To justify future endeavours

Sometime this week, I am hoping to show y'all what I did with this chandy.


But then it hit me.

In order to show you what I did with this, I will have to show you my.... dum, dum, dum....bedroom.

AHHHHHHH!

Now my bedroom isn't horrible. It is just that we haven't done a dern thing to it.

My priority has been the rest of the house.

Our poor bedroom has always been the last thing we decorate.

So I decided before I show you our empty barren bedroom, I will show you our old decorated bedroom in TN that we only go to enjoy for 6 months before we moved.

Now we lived in our house for 5 years. We built it... well we picked everything out and someone else actually put the wood and stuff up, but I stressed over those details man. I think that counts for something.

Our bedroom was downstairs, it only had 8 ft ceilings. So we paid a little bit more just to get a recessed ceiling.


I loved that ceiling. (These were taken during our final walk through, late at night)

It was a tiny room but it was all we needed.

When we first moved in I had a thing for red and gold and lots and lots of pillows.



And apparently only taking pictures in the dark.

We got tired of the look and color of everything so for Christmas of '08 our Christmas present to each other was to redo the bedroom.

And all my gifts from everyone was decor for the room.

The main thing that I wanted to do to the room was make the ceiling stand out more.

I love the look of beams on a ceiling, especially the ones that make a grid pattern.

Well we made a poor man's version of that.



I miss that ceiling.

Such love and sweat and Bayer from our backaches, went into that ceiling.

We painted the whole room a tan, and put molding on the walls and painted inside those squares a darker tan.

You may also recognize the bed as the one from our guest room under my now green frames

My college roommate called me very concerned as to where we were sleeping since that bed is now in the guest room.

We have a bed...I promise.

I am sure that it will come to no shock that I got it off of Craigslist.

Honestly, we would have nothing in the house if it weren't for Craigslist.

The very next month after completing our bedroom. Mr. Genius started interviewing for the job he has currently.

So just 6 months after all that hard work someone else is getting to look up at that ceiling.

But I think it helped to sell our house in 19 days. So I can't really complain.

Plus we can always do it again... *insert evil laugh here* Mwah ha ha

6 comments:

One Life Many Journeys said...

It looks good now....can't wait to see the after. You left spell check on.

Kim said...

Many of my furnishings came from CL too and they are my most favorite pieces! Your room was gorgeous. Can't wait to see the new one with the chandy.
xoxo,
Kim

Sawdust Girl said...

Oh yah, master bed and bath are always the last to get any attention. I can't wait to see your new (IL) bedroom. I really like what you did with the old one.

Robyn said...

Our bedroom has been neglected since we moved in 13 years ago! ARGH! Can't wait to see what you do!

Thanks for your sweet blog comment!

Robyn said...

ohhhh and that chandie in the backof your car....seriously to DIE for!

The Autocrat: Haley said...

I am seriously jealous of that chandelier!! So what are the fluer de lie (okay I know I misspelled that! LOL) frames that are hanging above the bed?! I LOVE THEM!! Please share me! :)