Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mom's house part three

If you have missed the first part of the tour of mom's house you can look here and here.

Let's move onto the den and kitchen area shall we?


Before you think that we crowd around this piano singing hymns like the perfect family. Please know that we are not a musical family by any stretch of the imagination. The piano came with the house, it looks pretty so it stayed. The grandsons get the most use out of it.



Yesterday I mentioned that my mom has another obsession other then silver. See that cabinet on the right. It is full of milk glass. Everywhere we go she looks for milk glass.



It is really pretty, but I also think my mom has found all the milk glass this side of the Mississippi. She doesn't think so...so the hunt continues.

See here is another piece of milk glass...on silver


Let's move on into the kitchen.

This is the view standing from the kitchen looking into the den.

 (This picture my mom took a few weeks ago)

My mom got those chairs from goodwill for $40 that included a crazy looking table that she sold at a garage sale. I love those chairs.

Here is her kitchen with some 4th of July decorations.


There is also a little desk in the kitchen. I would love to have a desk in my kitchen.


Since we are in town, mom brought down the table she has in the playroom for the boys to eat in. I love the rug underneath.


It is a vinyl rug that was $4.50 at Old Time Pottery. I really miss Old Time Pottery.

To the right of the kitchen is the sitting room...and where we spend most of our time. It is just so cozy and we all cram in here rather then spread out in the den.


I love this little corner of the room.



At the other end of the kitchen is the laundry room.

I love the colors of this room.


Mom painted the cabinet the Nester's Halcyon Green. Even though it is blue yet it is called green. So confusing.



That's it for today.

Tomorrow we will be moving to the upstairs.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Upstairs! I would never leave the downstairs. Your Mom has a great decorating knack.

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I am so enjoying this tour!!! Each day I anticipate what room is next! She has great taste and a warm, inviting home!

Katie Olthoff said...

I collect milkglass, too! I have been since I was in high school.

And I LOVE the table and rug for the kids. So cute!

Rita's Recipes said...

You have so many great ideas. You also have a new follower!
Cheers!
Rita

Amber said...

I love that Halcyon Green. It is such a soothing color! I have used it in my house too.