Friday, July 24, 2009

Another Zoo

From talking to all my new sweet neighbors I was told about a free zoo in our area.

I thought we would try it out today because it was another pretty day and because I have a problem with not being able to stay at home for an extended period of time.

I really wasn't expecting much since it is a free zoo, but was pleasantly surprised. It is a small zoo but was very clean.



It wasn't crowded so I could let the boys walk around on their own. Which was nice considering the last time we went to a zoo.



The boys favorite thing was a caboose that they converted with all these animal education stuff inside.

Here are the boys trying to share.



*sigh*


They had the biggest rabbit I have ever seen. It is hard to tell in this picture, but if you stood him on his hind legs he would have been as tall as Romeo.



What do they feed him?! Steroid carrot juice?


There was also a giant bird's nest, that the boys posed for us in.



Then they showed us how they can flap their wings like birds.



Being that we live in the windy city we thought that we should invest in a toy that uses the wind to its advantage.

A kite that cost a whole dollar.

I know, we go all out for our kids.



Wild Man loved the idea of the kite but then realizing that all you do is stand there when it is up in the air... the excitement subsided.



He stood there for about 5 more seconds and then he was done.

With the way that Wild Man is holding his head in this picture, it reminds me of Forrest Gump and his son.

Just thought I would share that.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: