The curtains are finally done!
They are certainly not perfect, but they are done.
Well actually they were done on Thursday but I decided that I wanted them to actually touch the floor so the impatient person that I am took the seam out while they were still on the rods.
This process ripped the rod right out of the wall.
Of course it did.
So I waited til we could get the rod back on the wall before I took the pictures.
Now I have mentioned before that I turned 2 curtains into 7.
How? you may ask.
Because I am a master seamstress that's how...
If you believe that, then you may also believe that since living here I have grown a foot and now have the body of a goddess.
So nope, I am still the short squatty person that knows just enough about sewing to be dangerous.
So what I am to do?
I just reminded my mom that there are 2 cute grandsons up here whose cheeks that needs kisses.
Then when she got here I forced fabric in her hands and begged and pleaded until she gave very specific instructions on how to make some resemblance of something cute to go over my windows.
Well it worked and we actually made 3 valences while she was here!
Luckily the curtains I had before had A LOT of fabric with them.
So I pretty much butchered them.
I cut them in half and then cut off about 2 feet off the bottom.
Here is what the curtains looked before.
And here is what they look like now.
And here are the panels.
Like I said they are NOT perfect.
One of the panels is shorter then the others.
So because I have no idea how to fix it the right way... I just stuck a chair in front of it.
That's just how I roll.
Next project, paint the den.
You can see from the second to last picture that I am testing paint colors and so far it isn't going very good.
My walls may end up consisting of two foot samples of every color all the room until I have some type of intervention.
Just to be clear... an intervention would be welcome.