Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Flying Solo

Mr. Genius left for DC Monday afternoon and will be back Friday afternoon.


We are counting down the hours.


On Monday the boys went on strike.


No Daddy, No naps.


That night there was a pizza party through the city that we were signed up for.


Against my better judgement I went anyways.


Wild Man threw 3 beautiful fits. I lost count of how many Romeo threw.


The magician even felt pity for me and tried to distract the boys... during his act.


This would be another time that I am glad that we do not know anyone in our area yet.


Tuesday started good. The boys actually slept in til close to 7! and that's when the good day started and ended.


We went to church for Bible Study and the boys go to Kid Zone (childcare).


I had a great time of fellowship with some wonderful Godly women. Lord knows I need it in order to get through the rest of that week let alone the next hour.


When I went to pick Wild Man up, he refused to leave. Not because he wanted to stay and play, he was sitting in a chair and refused to get up. So I decided to get Romeo and then bring the car up to the door. Good thing because, while I was gone one of the teachers couldn't conveince him to get out of the chair, so she just dragged the chair to the door.


As you can imagine this infuriated Wild Man even more.


After a few minutes of trying to calm him down and talk to him I ended up just picking up this kicking and screaming 3 year old and ran out the door. The teachers were all shaking their heads knowing I had a long week ahead of me.


This day after an hour of fighting it Romeo finally took a nap and Wild Man still refused to.


The rest of the day was pretty much a battle.


Today I woke up and rather then prayed for strength to get through this day, I begged for it.


I decided to go to outdoor museum since it was a pretty day. Thought it would be a good idea for the boys to run around and get some energy out.



Long story short, we left early.


The good news...an hour and a half after first putting Wild Man down for his nap and after taking away all the toys in his room he finally took a much needed nap.


Needless to say I am tired.

I have informed Mr. Genius that when Saturday rolls around, he may not see me. I do not know where I will be but it will be somewhere...alone.

No comments: