Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Our new den...hopefully

The Lettered Cottage is a blog that I have been reading for a while.


She is a genius when it comes to decorating on a budget and make it look like a million bucks. Just be prepared to be addicted to her blog.



Don't believe me check out this link to her kitchen before and after. well really during. She is always working on it. Just when I think it is done, she does something else and it looks like it should have always been there.



Anyways, I got a consultation from her that I am really pleased with... Mr. Genius is not so pleased with it because it means another project is in the works.


So would you like to see what another project will be?


Here is what she proposed for the den above the mantel.




I can say that I am not a fan of the bird pictures. But the idea of the pictures on the side of the mantel is great. She thinks to put beadboard over the mantel with decorative molding around it. Along with crown molding...but to me that is a given. We were already planning on doing that.


Then for the crazy shelves in the room she thinks we should paint it all white except for the counter top and we would keep that the brown that it is. But we should also put beadboard wallpaper on the back of the cabinets. Just to do something a little different I may paint the beadboard the same color of the walls. But we see how ambicious I am that day. Also we will be adding two more shelves above the TV. Why didn't I think of that? She is so good.






Yes I sent her pictures with Wild Man in them. Because, I am weak and he is strong. In Wild Man's defense any time other then this time that a camera has been out it was usually to take a picture of him and I decided not to have a fight with a 3 year old. I was too tired just trying to clean up for the pictures, and simultaneously teaching about the letter F.  So I either sent a picture of a messy house or one with my son in it. You can see which one I chose.


She also suggested I change around my pictures on this wall. What do you guys think?






Another project that we are wanting to do is a board and batton in the entry way, the staircase, and the dining room. I really like this:



Poor Mr. Genius. 

No comments: