Saturday, April 10, 2010

25 things about me.

I thought I would join a linking party at 5 minutes for mom.

Ultimate Blog Party 2010


In honor of the bloggy linky party I thought I would introduce myself. For anyone that was on Facebook a couple of months ago. I am sure you remember the 25 random things about you that was all over Facebook. I thought I would introduce myself in that way.

So here goes:

1. I think I am the only person in American that doesn’t watch American Idol and Lost.

2. I have learned to never underestimate the power of Hot Wheel band-aids and M & M’s for a 2 and 4 year old.

3. While in the workforce I had the WORST bosses, which in turn has giving me absolutely no desire to go to the work place again.

4. After college for 4 years I went through a spell where I randomly threw up. Most of the time it was in my car while driving too and from work. There was no warning.

5. Dr.’s all thought that I was pregnant when I went to them about the random barfing and my response was always “Unless God decided he wanted a girl, I am not pregnant!” They never believed me. Still don’t know what was wrong with me.

6. I cannot stand to feel my breath on my skin. I have to have my arms covered at night so I won’t feel it.

7. What is even worse to me about feeling my breath on my skin is feeling someone else’s breath on my skin. Shiver

8. My first car had a personality all on her own, I named her Nancy the Nissan Stanza. She was crazy! She would lock certain people in my car and lock others out of my car. The windows would randomly roll down, coincidentally it was only when it was raining. The radio stopped working so I had a CD player in the passenger side seat and whoever sat there was the DJ.

9. Whenever we get a new electronic device in our house Mr. Genius has to sit me down and give me a training session and I then ask him for the next 3 days how to work said device.

10. Before college I moved 14 times and changed schools 7 times.

11. I have an obsession of dressing my boys in matching clothes.

12. I love couponing and I don’t think that I will be able to grocery shop “normally” again.

13. I have a mental block that I cannot by anything that is not on sale.

14. I am fascinated with the Duggar family (the one with 18 kids that live in Arkansas). I wish I can talk and act as calm as Michelle when there is chaos around her.

15. With the birth of each boy my foot has grown a half a size.

16. I don’t think I will ever be able to stop picking my nails.

17. I LOVE my minivan! I don’t think I will drive anything else until the boys start to drive on their own.

18. I learned while trying to deliver Wild Man that I was not built to have babies the natural way and that I am allergic to morphine... I blew up like a balloon.

19. I learned while delivering Romeo that I am allergic to metal staples, which explains the serious infection I had when Wild Man was a month old and the fact that my c-section scar was 3 inches thick.

20. I have truly tried but because I was attacked when I was 4 I cannot like big dogs, especially when they are in my face.

21. I have short stubby toes that look like they are swollen. When early in my pregnancies, people would make comments about how swollen they looked I just agreed rather then explain that is how they look all the time.

22. I love having two boys.

23. On December 2nd of this past year my perfectly healthy 53 year old dad had a massive heart attack and went home to be with the Lord.

24. On December 2nd of this past year I truly felt God's love like I have never felt before. He took care of me in so many ways that day that you can read about here.

25. One thing that I have learned about myself is that when I am sad, missing dad, or upset my outlet is doing home projects. You can see some here, here, and here.

24 comments:

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

Just stopping by from the UBP'10! Happy partying!!

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

LOL! I don't watch American Idol. I've never seen Lost.
I'm visiting from UBP! Hope you can drop by my Party!!

Nikki said...

I love your title. It says it all. Great. LOL! Drop by couponcookin and check out my giveaway. All you have to do is leave a comment.

Karen said...

Stopping by from the UBP to say Hi. It is so nice to meet you. You little boys are very cute! I enjoy my boys too, I have 7 of them. I also have 3 girls!

By the way I do not watch American Idol or Lost either. I am not much into television. And Oh the power of a bandaid! Couldn't live without them!

Many Blessings,
Karen

Sarah said...

I do watch Lost, but I too do not watch American Idol and though my husband hates the Duggars, I am strangely fascinated by them and how their home is appears relatively calm whereas my home with 1/5 the number of people is craziness!

Michelle said...

Hi! I came across your blog by way of the blog party! I love the title of your blog! Although I try NEVER to pray directly for patience,(I was told that He would only send more trials to try our patience) I have been impatient to GET patience!

I also do not watch American Idol and will not support any show with the name idol in it! I also do not watch Lost!

I am sorry to hear about your dad and pray that the Lord will heal your heart.

Would love to have you stop by and visit sometime!

Have a blessed weekend!

Jenn said...

I loved learning about you!! I'm another person who doesn't watch either of those shows...but we don't have cable! :) If we did, I'd be watching the Duggars too!!

Hope you are having fun at the BLOG PARTY!

Jenni ("Miss Tutu")
My UBP blog post: How to Make a Tutu blog - hope you will stop by and say hi! :) and Mom Blogger $100 Cash Contest

Unknown said...

I am 1 and 12 too. God is amazin in his life in good and bad times. Stopping by from the UBP! I enjoyed visiting your site.

Muthering Heights said...

Hello there! I'm visiting from the UBP! :)

It's very nice to meet you!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

I wonder if that throwing up thing had to do with a anxiety reaction due to the horrible bosses you were going to have to be around at work. Anxiety can work in weird ways in your body!

I'm really sorry about the loss of your dad. I'm so thankful for the peace of God which truly surpasses all understanding in such a difficult time as that.

Hope you have a great time at the party this week and meet lots of great bloggers and friends! Stop by and say hi when you get the chance.

Coupons and Freebies Mom said...

Hi, I'm visiting from UBP. Nice to meet you! I blog as Money Savin' Momma on our freebie / deal / money saving website. We'd love it if you stop by our site too!

BTW - I don't watch Idol or Lost, and neither does my DH! :)

Best wishes to you and your blog in 2010!

Money Savin' Momma @ EADFL :)

Jen @ Happy Little Homemaker said...

I don't watch AI or Lost either. Happy UBP!

Kat said...

Heard about the tax increase...that stinkith'. Wish I had a brilliant idea to help...but...alas...I do not. If I have a revelation I will let you know! Miss ya'll!!!!

Cheri said...

Stopping by via UBP.
#13 is me too. My daughter now in the store will ask me all the time...Can you buy this when it goes on sale?
Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my mom almost 2 years ago and I miss her lots.

Unknown said...

So glad you stopped by my blog today!!! I'm excited to check yours out! Love the title! =) Have a great party week!! =)

Heidi said...

Happy to hear from you on my blog! I was laughing at your list above, because we sound a lot alike!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved reading your list...a great idea...This is such a FUN party.
A random prize drawing for tonight (SUN) and then a $100 Gift basket for the GRAND PRIZE. I am amazed at all the different and creative blogs and having so much fun meeting new friends...Stop by for a visit...nothing you have to do but leave a comment on either of my blogs. Happy Sunday..
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Lori said...

OK I never realized how much we absolutely have in common. I can relate with so many of your posts. Of course not the ones about your sweet Dad, but most of the others. I'm a TV aholic and I don't watch Am. Idol or Lost. Short, fat stubby toes-right here. Lyndsey has them too!! The random throwing up. One time I was so close to work I drove up in tears with puke all over me, the window, and of course the steering wheel. I hate breathe on me. I sleep with a pillow over my head partially so Dustin can't roll over and breathe on me. We usually sleep opposite directions so there is no chance of that. My first car was known as "The Doo Doo" It was doo-doo brown and super old. It didn't have any crazy powers though, just old. I'm crazy with the couponing and never buy regular price. I also love the Duggars, their family is just amazing. I would love to sit and ask them like a billion questions, first parenting and then spiritual. I really wanna know why they do the home church thing. I can't understand why they aren't out there seeking to get others closer to Christ. I'm a nail picker & even my toes, I know it's disgusting but I still do it. I love my minivan!!! And of course I love my girlies even though I really only wanted boys.
Sorry so long I was just shocked to see how many things we had completely in common.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm partying with you! Don't feel alone. I don't watch American Idol or Lost either. I love the Duggars, too. They intrigue me with all their kids and debt-free living. (Have you read their book? It's good.:)) So sorry to hear about your dad, but hallelujah that your Heavenly Father held you in His arms tightly the whole way. Love your blog name, to, btw. That is soooo me. Only I just want patience to be bestowed upon me like a fairy godmother gift or something. The learning part stinks.

Come see me!

Sawdust Girl said...

How fun to get to know a little more about you. I used to enjoy AI but find it annoying now. Never seen Lost. My feel also grew a 1/2 size with pregnancy and my toes were already chubby. Have a hard time buying anything that is not a bargain. Sorry to hear that you lost your Dad.

Maria said...

Stopping by from UBP!

I don't watch AI or Dancing with the Stars or LOST or any of those current tv shows either. Makes me feel totally out of the loop, but right now I just don't have the time, and at the end of the day, there are other things I'd rather be doing (or need to be doing?)

Enjoyed reading your list!

Amy said...

cute, my feet grew a 1/2 size after my second birth.

Hope you are having a nice party week. Stop by and see me @ http://missionalmamassoul.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hi there! I'm visiting from UBP. Lost makes me totally lost - I gave up on it a few years ago. I'm so sad the party's almost over. I'd love for you to stop by my site if you have a chance!

http://mommys-minute.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from UBP...really like your blog look!