Thursday, April 15, 2010

First Award!

I got an award!!


Sandra at Saw dust and paper scraps gave me this award! Sandra and I "met" each other over our blogs due to the fact that we were separated at birth. Don't believe me? Look at our foyers.



















See?!!

Now hers looks much better. I long for the day I can have wooden stairs when I do not have to worry about going to the ER daily. Then again, with boys will that ever happen?

Turns out that we also live very near each other, I foresee lots of shopping trips in our future.

So as apart of this award I am suppose to send this award to 7 other people/bloggers.

I decided to pick people whose blog I see that gets updated in my google reader makes my heart skip. Cuz I am so excited to read it!


1. First are my sister in laws. I just love family blogging. It is the best way to keep up with each other...especially when we are spread across the nation. First is Kat.
They recently moved to Seattle and are in the process of adoption from Rwanda! Of course I can't forget their fun 19 month old son Griffin who has a million nick names.



Second is Jenny. Jenny and Reid live in TN close to mom. They have a 2 and a half year old son, Eli. Whom my boys miss dearly.


3. Beneath my heart
I started reading Traci's blog when she was featured on another blog (can't remember which) over her awesome knock off ballard designs cafe shelves. I love me some ballard knock offs! 



Not long after I read about these shelves her mom passed away. She expressed her emotions so eloquently. She made it clear that she didn't blame God for taking her mom at a young age yet used this as an opportunity to encourage other women to trust God in all circumstances. When dad passed it wasn't long before we began emailing back and both. She has been such an encouragement to me and a help to me when I didn't know how to answer Wild Man's questions or how to deal with the emotions I was and am feeling. Thank you Traci.


4. Kim at Small words blog lives in TN. Love my TN people! I love the canvases she creates. You really should check them out! They are amazing.



5. I know Melissa from Puddin pops Designs from TN. She is an amazing woman. She has 5 kids, ages 4, 2, and 1!

She is also so creative! She makes the cutest dolls that she sales and she makes a lot of her kids clothes.

She also throws the cutest kids parties. Seriously, you should check out her oldest daughter Red Riding Hood party.  What great memories she is creating for her children!



6. I heart naptime is a new blog I am following. I just love what she did for her son's first birthday party.



7. Amber on It's Greener over here is also a new blog that I am following. Her mom also passes away at an early age. It is such an encouragement to meet ladies that know the emotions that I am going through.

Amber is also another creative gal in the blogosphere. Look at this cute picture frame she made for her daughter! She has a great tutorial on how she made it too.



 


That's all I got folks! Hope you all get to visit these great blogs! 

11 comments:

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

CONGRATS on your award!

Kat said...

Congrats, Katie...and I must say I am honored to be in your award list! Also to get the "sunshine award" while living in Seattle is such an unexpected little happy :) Didn't see that one coming! Grazie!

I {heart} Nap Time said...

Congrats on the award!! Thanks so much to for having my blog on the award list, that just made my day! You're so sweet!

Unknown said...

Wow! Thanks so much for choosing me! So fun and I'm so honored. :) Also, I love Traci's Wednesdays with Wanda series about her mom. Her mom seemed like such an amazing woman of God.

Unknown said...

Great blogs! Can't wait to check them out! Love the title of your blog too by the way! I'm checking you out from new friend friday. Come see me at http://holy-craft.blogspot.com/

Breathing In Grace said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I do live near Knoxville, TN...in beautiful Strawberry Plains!!! Glad to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I'm your newest follower from New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative. I love you blog. Can't wait to read more.

-K
http://mypottyseat.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Congrats Katie! Thanks for picking me! I feel so special!

Jenny

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

I won that cafe shelf off of Traci's blog! I love that shelf! I felt very special, as it's the only thing I've ever won!

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Thank you so much for this award! Your comments about me and my blog were precious. God bless you, friend!