Friday, April 16, 2010

Meat Cupcakes

Don't knock em til you try em.

These are a favorite of all my boys. So I thought I would share.

I found this recipe about a year ago here.

This is so easy to put together at the last minute.



INGREDIENTS:
3/4 LB. GROUND BEEF
1/2 C KETCHUP
1 T MUSTARD
2 T BROWN SUGAR
1 CAN BISCUITS
1/4 C SHREDDED CHEESE

DIRECTIONS:
PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES.
BROWN THE BEEF AND DRAIN.
MIX KETCHUP, MUSTARD, AND BROWN SUGAR TOGETHER TO MAKE A BARBECUE SAUCE.
ADD THE SAUCE TO THE BEEF.
SEPARATE DOUGH INTO BISCUITS.
FORM DOUGH INTO CUPS ON THE MUFFIN TINS.
SPOON THE MEAT INTO THE DOUGH CUPS.
BAKE AT 400 DEGREES FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES
(OR UNTIL THE BISCUIT DOUGH LOOKS DONE).
SPRINKLE THE TOPS WITH CHEESE.

For a healthier version, I make it by using turkey meat and I make homemade whole wheat biscuits.

Even if you make the healthier version it can still be made really fast.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I have to be honest, this sounds a little...interesting.

But I'm a vegetarian, so I am probably not the best person to try this out. Lol!

Unknown said...

Oh you have such a cute family!!!
I love your blog name HAHAHA.
Happy new friend Follow.
Following you now, come follow me :)
Gros bisous
Frenchy

Sawdust Girl said...

Well I can't possibly know if I would like it without a picture, luckily your "here" link had one and they look delicious. I'll have to try it. My girl is a breadaholic so maybe this is the way to go. Everything gets eaten together. No more "you can't have any bread until after you eat all your veggies and protein" threats! Oh, that'll be nice! Thanks for sharing one of your favorite recipes.

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

I have a friend who makes something similar. They are so good! Thanks for the recipe. I think my picky crowd would like this one!

raggygirlvintage said...

Everything tastes good on a biscuit, I'm sure these are great too!
Tracey

Red Door Home said...

They sound a little like meat loaf only packages a bit different. Might be good made with turkey also.

KimMalk said...

These look wonderful. Fun and easy to eat.