Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It. Is. Finished.

God took 7 days to create the entire world.

It takes us...with the help of grandparents... 4 days, just to build a playset.

Mr. Genius' parents came to visit this past weekend.



So Mr. Genius thought he would enlist his dad to help him build a playset that we bought the weekend before.

Thinking it would just take Saturday afternoon and maybe a little bit of Sunday afternoon to finish it.

Boy were we wrong.

The men started around 9 am on Saturday.

It was the perfect putting a playset up weather...cold and rainy and of course...windy.

Sorry paw-paw. I hope you didn't get sick.


Wild Man and Romeo wanted to help out so bad but it was too cold even for them.



By 4 o'clock on Saturday they finished this much.



They got to page 20 something out of 54.

Sunday they got up to page 48 when Mr. Genius realized that there were some bolts or screws or something that is important, missing.

Soooooo we didn't get it done on Sunday.

Mr. Genius' parents flew back to TN and over Monday and Tuesday when he had a break he was working on it.

Who knew that a premade playset would be so time consuming?!

Finally last night it was finished!!

So Nana and Paw-paw, here is the finished product.



Of course Romeo likes it because Wild Man likes it.



All weekend I saw little faces peaking out and watching the construction of the new playset. As soon as my boys got on..it was free game. To my boys delight we now have the playset/backyard that everyone wants to play at...that is til someone else decides to build a new one.



It is hard to tell from the picture but there are 3 levels to the tower. Wild Man calls the top part, the sky tower.



When he wants to play in the playset he asks if he can play in the sky. :)

Tomorrow night I am flying to TN! BY...MY... SELF!!!

Hopefully out of habit I won't ask perfect strangers if they need to go potty. *fingers crossed*

I am going to a cousin's wedding and getting to spend some alone time with my mom.

Which really means there will be shopping and decorating!

So thank you again Nana and Paw-paw! If you guys didn't help I am pretty sure Mr. Genius would still be out there working on putting all those sticks together through to next weekend. 

19 comments:

paige said...

That looks great! I wish I could fly now and then to see my mom. She's 4500 miles away. Lucky you! Have a great time with some mom time.

Sawdust Girl said...

What fun for your boys! My girl still wants one even though I'm pretty sure she's tall enough not to just reach up and grab the board holding the swings. Now that I know how much work it is to put together, I definitely don't want one. The trampoline and climbing tree will have to do for outdoor entertainment. Have fun with your mom.

Unknown said...

It looks great! I'm glad it's finally finished for your boys...and every other kid in the neighborhood...to enjoy. ;-)

Have a good time in TN!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I know the boys will enjoy it!
I love that picture of Romeo looking at Wild Man. You can see him thinking,"I want to be just like him!"
Can't wait to see you this weekend! Safe travels!

Amber said...

Ooh, you're scaring me! :) We are getting a swing set for our kids soon...I will not be mentioning this post to my hubby! haha It looks like the kids your boys love it!

liz said...

What a great swingset! And have a great trip!

Melissa from Puddin Pop Designs said...

looks great! I love the pic of Romeo looking at Wild man!!! SOOOO cute!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Funny how instructions often take so long to decipher! And somehow they don't include the pages of instruction on how to deal with the frustration in putting the thing together!! Darling photo of Romeo and Wild man. :-)

HoosierHomemade said...

What a great playset! Doesn't it seem like everything takes twice as long as we thought it would?
Your backyard area is beautiful!
Thanks for joining my BlogFrog Community and leaving a comment.
~Liz

Krissy said...

That's so awesome! We had purchased one of those for our yard, but we live in a very city like area wheere the houses are very close together and we hardly have any room in our yard... Unfortunately, it ended up being too wide for what we wanted, so we still have it in the basement in a box. lol Stupid Toys R Us and their no return policy on those things!

Following late from Friday Follow. lol Better late than never!!

Hopefully you do the same and visit us!

http://theartsymom.tk

Joy@TPMG said...

What an awesome playset. Have a great trip!

Unknown said...

What a great set! It was worth all the time! I bet your guys will love it. Stopping from Mom Loop!

Katie said...

Happy Follow Friday! I'm your newest follower :) Your blog is fantastic and so is that playground!! I hope you'll stop by my blog- My Story Is Not Over at http://www.katieandspencer.com

Letherton said...

what a great play set...I would love to get one for my son

From FF and wanted to say hi.
Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
I have lots of great giveaways going on, photography posts and posts about my life too.
Thanks :)
ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

extreme personal measures said...

Stopping by from Friday Follow. Already a follower.

Holly said...

Good building job...I really need to get my critters a playset like that.

And the name of your blog totally describes me....love it!
Love your blog...following you from FF! Stop by and visit me sometime!

mommysblessings.blogspot.com

Carolyn said...

Hey! I'm your newest follower from FF - cute blog. Hope you enjoy your TN trip, I'm British but spent one AWESOME summer working in Brentwood & have been trying to make it back ever since. Have a great day. X.

helenabelle said...

Your little guys are adorable! The playset looks great. I'm sure that there will be many, many happy memories made on it. :)
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Unknown said...

Fantastic job now that it's finished. Hope they don't get sick

Hi, there, visiting from Friday Follow. I am brand new to this and also have a brand new blog at http://thriftycanucks.blogspot.com/
I am now your newest follower and look forward to your updates. Would love if you could drop by my blog.