Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

While my mom was here I had to take advantage of her decorating expertise!

I never was completely happy with the decor on the mantel, and I was just stuck. I didn't know what to do with it.

Then JJ came to the rescue!

Remember what the mantel looked like before?



Well here it is now!


I actually put something in the frames!

A verse that dad would continually remind me of was 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.

"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances."

I wanted a constant reminder of that verse so I just got photo paper and printed it from our little printer, then Presto for less then $5 I have four portraits that I can easily change out.



My Sister in law introduced us to the wonders of Anthropologie! I will forever be grateful. Mom got me this W sign from there. I just love it.


And this little church reminds me of the church Mr. Genius and I got hitched in.



11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love what you did! Great changes!

Nancy

burlap+blue said...

your mantel is lovely!! I heart Antro as well...your mom as some great taste--the W sign is so great! thanks for sharing:)

Kat said...

Mmmm....Anthro...love. I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket! And it's a mile from our place. What is wrong with this picture?! Fun mantle...I am going to go from 0 to 2 mantels soon. Be still my heart!

Michelle said...

Very classy and eclectic at the same time!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Looks fabulous! I love the simplicity of this! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Classic and simple ~ love it! I love your W, too!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

The after is much better. Looks fabulous. Can you believe that I have never been to Anthropology? I'm afraid of what will happen to my pocketbook if I do.

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Love the little changes you made and that W is perfect! I was eyeing those large typewriter thingies on a stick not too long ago :). Thanks so much for linking up!

Unknown said...

I love that W. Your mantel looks great.
Brooke

Angie Holden said...

Loving that!!

Almost Always said...

Simply beautiful! I love the uncluttered style of your mantel, it is interesting & creative, but not so busy you don't "see" everything! looks great!