Monday, April 5, 2010

Reminder

As most of you know we have only lived in this house, this state, this region of the country for almost 10 months.

I can't believe it has already been 10 months.

We moved 10 hours away from ALL family and friends. Well almost all family I do have one brother and his fam in Seattle and Mr. Genius has a brother in Arizona. But just the rest of the fam was within a one hour radius from us in TN.

We had no doubt that moving here was where God wanted us to be, yet it was still hard to leave.

My mom is staying with us this week and I remember how nice it is to have family close by. Plus I love for my boys to grow up close to family. I didn't have that as a child.

I hate even more being away now that dad is living his life in heaven and we are not there for mom.

Some days I just want to pick up and pack the boys in the van and drive the 10 hours to get back "home" as fast as possible.

Then the other day I found this.




This may just look like another card with an email address and church on it for everyone else. But to me it is the key to prove that we are just where we need to be. I will never through it away.

For those of you that don't know the full story about Meagan you can read the whole story here and the rest of the story here.

For those of you who don't have the patience to read two more stories. The quick version is that I meet Meagan at the airport on my way back to TN from just putting a contract on our house here. She moved just 9 months prior from the city I lived in TN to the city I would be moving to. We knew some of the same people too. She too realize the God put us together and invited me to her church, which finding a good church was my top prayer request when moving here. Then three weeks after we met and 2 days after after we closed on the house here she was killed in a car wreck by a drunk driver.

God has the master plan... even though our earthly bodies may not understand it sometimes.

Finding Meagan's card was just the reminder I needed to know that I am where I need to be.

Thank you Lord for reminding me.

7 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

That is an incredible story.

My family lives in TN and though I'm only 5 hours away, I hate that they don't get to see my son except every few months. = ( It is such a blessing to have family near.

Maybe one day!

Southern Gal said...

Speechless.

emily freeman said...

I just spent the last 20 minutes looking at facebook photos of Megan and reading her story. Through the tears, I'm reminded of hope even in the midst of great loss. Thank you for sharing this unexpected reminder of her.

Ruth H. said...

Wow. What a special experience.

Trisha said...

What a precious memory that will always be of God's goodness to you, and how thankful you must be to have stumbled across it again. Blessed by your post...

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

What a beautiful testimony...God will reveal the reason you are where you are in His time but for now He let you know to be still and know He is in control- how awesome!

Dawn said...

what a story of great faith. thanks for sharing... and i'm happy that you had this bit of a reminder today.